Posted by: CPMAMA | 2011/06/24


Spastic Diplegia and screaming for help!

My three year old son has spastic diplegia. He has been under the care of The Recross CP clinic for the past 1.5 years. Although I am grateful for the assistance they have provided so far, I am now in a position to " go privately" .I always feel terribly misinformed, disheartened and confused after the monthly sessions I have with them. It is as if they do not have the ability to provide me with the answers I am looking for and that they do not treat my child as an individual, just another number. Their advice and treatment methods are also very conflicting and nobody seems to explain processes and procedures properly.
I have searched the internet over and over again but nobody can provide me with the details of a good physical therapist in the cape town southern suburbs area who will be able to assist me in helping my son to reach his full potential. Please recommend if you know of anybody.

Expert's Reply



May I suggest that you start off by seeing an excellent paediatric neurologist who will be able to answer all of your questions and advise the best way forward for your son and a physiotherapist and any other therapists that your son may need.I can recommend Dr Birgit Schlegel at the Constantiaberg Medi-Clinic, Tel 0217614967

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.