Posted by: hflan | 2003/12/11


sore on toddler's genitals

My two-year old son has a pimple like sore on the underside of his penis. Should I take him to the doctor. Will powder help with irritation?

Expert's Reply



This needs to be evaluated to give an opinion. If it is small and localized, simple disinfection may be adequate. I will not advise the use of powder and if it deteriorates or persists it will require formal evaluation.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: Anon | 2003/12/11

If you take him to a doctor make sure that they do not retract his foreksin. It is firmly adhered to the head of the penis and gradully loosen between the ages of 3 - 17. If it is retracted it can cause damage and adhesions. Don't let the doctor retract it, or circumcise your child. It can be treated conservatively. There is much information on the internet about the care of the intact penis - that is of course assuming that he is intact.

Reply to Anon

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.