Childhood Diseases

Posted by: Jolandi | 2009/06/23


Son' s penis

My son is 2 years old, when he pees his penis swells up and then the urine comes out. I heard people saying you must pull the penis open, I think it is impossible cause the point is so small it wont go over, what must I do? SHoul I take him to a doctor or what??

Expert's Reply



Your son has a problem which will certainly not be solved by trying to 'pull the penis open' Please take him to see your paediatrician or directly to a paediatric urologist for an opinion.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: Nikkita | 2009/06/25

I have a 2year old boy, he recently passed urine with a bit of smelly blood look alike or pass, and i realised that it is painfull when he passes urine he feels pains... am worried what could be the problem? and is this normal on a 2 year old and how dangerous is this?

Reply to Nikkita

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.