Posted by: Baby | 2004/10/28


Small penis

My 12 year old son has a small penis compared to his 4 yaer old sibling, i'm worried that this is going to affect him as he grows older. Please assist.

Expert's Reply



Chidren that are overweight often have a small penis. Apart from promoting a healthy diet and lifestyle the best advice would be to ensure that your child has a good self image irrespective of other children's opnions. In extreme cases hormonal therapy may be considered at a later age.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: dr anonymous | 2004/10/31

Is your 12 yr child short in stature?
Is he normal for his mental age or is slower than his peers in school?
Does he have any facial or body features that strike you as abnormal?
Is his scrotum also small? (The testicular skin pouch).
Does he have difficulty in urinating?
Did he get bladder infection at any time?

If your answer "YES" to any of the above, please see a paediatrician.

If all the above are "NO" then he just has "Micro-phallus" or "Small penis" which should not affect his sexual & reproductive function.

Reply to dr anonymous

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.