Childhood Diseases

Posted by: Johan Brink | 2012/03/24


Sister''s baby

My sister is having her baby in four months, and the father is not supporting at all. She works a full day from 7 o'' clock until 6 in the afternoon, and then goes to evening class. I can see that it is getting to her. What do I do as brother besides supporting? Do I try getting in touch with her pathetic ex-boyfriend/father of her unborn daughter, or what?

Expert's Reply



Thank you for your question.I will try to answer as best as I can.It seems clear to me that your sister's ex boyfriend who is the father of her child has to take responsibility for his unborn child and must help to support your sister even at this stage of her pregnancy. It will help to speak to a social worker in your area about this problem.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: Johan Brink | 2012/03/25

The problem is, that my sister cannot handle these types of situations. Can our parents force the ex to sign over the child so that my sister may have full custody of the child until she (the child) reaches a certain age, without her (the mother''s) consent, but he (the father) are still forced to pay a x-amount of money each month from the birth month onward?

Reply to Johan Brink

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.