Childhood Diseases

Posted by: Nix | 2008/10/10


RE: Post 621

Ok so i could not go to the training Hospital because they don' t take in walk in patiants but i desided to test it myself. I went to lancet... i had to take her off the Zinplex for 72 hours first and she has been driving me NUTS... crying allll the time and not eating and so on but we gave a urine sample yesterday so they will let me know today what her zinc level results are.

I wanted to know.... they will tell me what the result is but can i discus it with you as well. if it is what you think it is.... can you presicribe me those drops she will need or can i go to any pharmacy like Dis-chem and as for it.... and what do you call these Zinc drops or are they just Zinc drops and i can ask for them that way?

sorry for all the questions!

Thank you so much!

Expert's Reply



You have really had a battle and I am about to make things a bit more difficult for you. It is not a urine test that needs to be done, but a blood test for the serum Zinc level.I cannot imagine why the laboratory would make a hash of the test like this.I am going to give up waiting for this test now although I really did want a baseline level so as to know where we are with your daughter's zinc level.The zinc supplement is called Zinc sulphate and the dose is 1mg per kg given twice daily. Discuss this with your pharmacist.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.