You have given a very good description of your son's problem. His symptoms could definitely be due to a nut allergy especially an allergy to a tree nut and in particular to hazel nuts.You have to be sure about his diagnosis as he may need to have emergency treatment with him at all times. It would be best to take him to be seen by a paediatric allergist.There are experts in all the main centres in SA.This should be done as soon as possible.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.