Posted by: JO | 2003/12/08


Phsycologist or Urologist?

My 2year & nine month old daughter was potty trained at 2 1/2, every thing was going well. In June her father and i went our separate ways and i went to live by my mom, We were apart for about four months and he moved back in with me. She has since started weeing in her pants and seldom asks to be taken to the toilet. I have had her urine tested because she urinates frequently. I do not know if her father moving back in is messing her up phsycologically or physically?

Expert's Reply



These things are highly traumatic for any child. Having her daddy back may make her x-stra scared that you may seperate again. With such a history and in the absence of any indication of urinary tract problems it may be best to start with a child or family psychologist. Try to understand your child's problem and do not be judgemental. A urologist may be of help to establish that there is no physical reason for the current problem.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.