Childhood Diseases

Posted by: MOM | 2008/12/09


Peadiatric Urologist!urgent pls

Hi doc,

My daughter has been suffering with severe lower back ache for almost a year now. It used to come and go at times. I took her to the pead he suggested it may be her weight cause at the time she was a slight bit overweight. He suggested we see a dietician . We did her weight came down nicely and she has since grown taller and lost a bit more but is steady in recent monthsand her weight is what it supposed to be for her age and height. The back pain however has not subsided though. She gets some relief when she pases a stool or wind.She is nott constipated she does not struggle to pass a stool. Yesterday took her to the gp cause she was in agony over her back and was vomiting. Gp is worried and says that we need to see a pead urologist asap as this may be related to her kidneys. Forget to mention we had her back x-rayed this year and nothing irregular. What do u suggest? and can I have the contact details of a pead urologiost in Johannesburg. I have search the internet but cant find any. Your assistance will be most appreciated.

Expert's Reply



Your paediatrician will be able to recommend a urologist to see your daughter.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: MOM | 2008/12/09

HI doc forgot to mention she is three years old.

Reply to MOM

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.