Childhood Diseases

Posted by: Lillian | 2008/09/16



Hi doctor,

I' d like to take my little one to a paediatrician with special interest in allergies, but am not sure how to go about finding one in our area. We live in Port Elizabeth. Is there anybody you know of that you could recommend?
Thank you

Expert's Reply



Try any of the paediatricians in Dr John Wickens practice.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: Lillian | 2008/09/17

i' m also with Dr Purchase, but unfortunately have had no luck with him and my son' s allergies. He just sort of brushes it aside and treats it in general. i want to know WHAT he' shallergic to as well as HOW to treat it. So i' m thinking a specialist of some sorts..

Reply to Lillian
Posted by: MelS | 2008/09/17

Hi Lillian

I don' t think any of the paediatricians in our area specialise in allergies specifically.

Which paediatrician do you see at the moment?
My son is with Dr Purchase - he' s fabulous!

Reply to MelS

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.