Posted by: mandy | 2004/01/23



excuse the spelling, but my 11 year old has this disease. He already has one lump bove his hip. Is there anything that can be done to remove it or get rid of the lump. He is self conscious about it and want to know if many more will appear as the paed. says?
he also sufers from asthma and was put on ritalin for his concentration. how safe is ritalin? it helps him cope better with school and his grades have improved. i do not give him the ritalin often because of the negative name it has. please advise.

Expert's Reply



If a child has a chronic condition like this it is important to stay with one doctor with whom you can develop a good relationship. Follow all his directions and discuss it with him personally if you are unsure or unhappy. It sounds like the Ritalin is give on good indication and under sufficient supervision. You can ask your doctor to give you and your child detailed information on the condition, what to expect in the future and how to deal with it medically and emotionally.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.