Childhood Diseases

Posted by: Mommy | 2012/05/05


Not all Vermox liquid swallowed

Hi there,

There has been a worm ''outbreak'' (for want of a better word!) at my little boy''s school. I''ve dewormed the whole family (cat, dog, husband &  myself) - but my little boy spat out half of the Vermox syrup (10ml) he was supposed to have taken in.

What do we do now? Would it be safe to get the tablet (10mg) and crush it into some juice/milk/food? Am a bit concerned as I don''t know exactly how much of the liquid he swallowed, but it seems approx. half. I don''t want to overdose him.

My little boy is 3 1/2 years old and autistic (but very healthy &  strong) and I''m wary of giving him any medication these days.

Thank you in advance,

Expert's Reply



This is an important question. The correct dose of Vermox for your son is 5ml twice daily for 3 days. You can mix the Vermox liquid in a spoon of apple sauce and give this to him twice a day.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.