Posted by: Worried mommy | 2009/01/21


My daughter

My daughter is 3yrs old. when she concetrates on something, her head shakes. I' m worried about her and i need to know what could be wrong with her. She hasn' t seen a doctor coz i don' t know which specialist to see. my medical aid will start working at the begining of March.

Expert's Reply



You need to take your daughter to be seen by a paediatric neurologist.If you do not have medical aid then she should be seen at your nearest teaching hospital where there is a paediatric neurology department.There are several causes which need to be excluded such as a problem with her eyes or a problem in an area of the brain called the cerebellum.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: Worried mommy | 2009/01/22

Thank you! I' ll give feed back

Reply to Worried mommy
Posted by: Shaz | 2009/01/22

You could take her to either Parklane Clinic in Park Town (very close to hillbrow) or Branthurst which also in Parktown next to Hillbrow.

Good Luck to you.

Reply to Shaz
Posted by: Worried mommy | 2009/01/22

I stay around Hillbrow. Which is the nearest hospital that i can take her. recomend Please!!!

Reply to Worried mommy

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.