Childhood Diseases

Posted by: Vickie Steenkamp | 2012/02/17



Dear Dr, My child(girl) is 8years old, she has a glan/outgrowth, I do not know what it is under her arm,Our home Dr stated that its a thirt boop growing there, and we must not worry about it, it shall stop growing, well now shes a bit over weight because of having problems when she was 2 years old and are getting medication 4 it! She doesn`t want to wear sunnie dresses nor swim because of that thing under her arm. Can you maybe suggest something or some specialist, to go to?

Expert's Reply



The first thing that needs to be done is to make a proper diagnosis of the growth under your daughter's arm. It could indeed be an extra nipple but without being able to see your daughter I cannot be sure about this. She should be seen by a paediatrician first to decide exactly what this growth is. The paediatrician will decide what treatment needs to be done.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.