Posted by: Phillip | 2010/04/27


Klinefelter''s syndrome

I am a 20 year old male and I am showing all the signs of Klinefelter''s syndrome. I''''ve done research on the internet and a fit all the characteristics. Im very tall (out of proportion to an extent), have VERY little to no facial and body hair, NO muscle development etc etc. I do not know how or who to approach in order to atleast diagnose me and/or treat me. Please help as I feel very lost.
I would very much like to fit my age and be seen as normal.

Expert's Reply



Phillip,this is the paediatric site on Health24 but I am pleased to be able to advise you. Thank you for your question which is such an important one. The features of Klinefelter's syndrome are usually irreversable but hormonal treatment using testoterone is often very helpful. You need to be seen and treated by an endocrine expert [called an endocrinologist] There are specialists in all the main centres in SA as well as at the teaching hospitals in the major cities.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.