Posted by: Confused dad | 2019/09/18



Hi Doc, i am a father who has a condition called: hypogonadism ( i dont have fully developed genitals of people my age). I have a normaly functioning penis with a reasonalble size when erect. the problem is when its flaccid. never had a good adulthood as I had to always hide. I have a two year old son and worried about him. is there any treatment available which can help him have normal size genitals. I don't want him to go through what I went through.

Expert's Reply


- 2019/09/23

This is a well recognised condition and you are correct to want to make sure that your son does not go through what you have experienced. The answer is that treatment is available. Your son must be seen and followed up by a paediatric endocrinologist. Fortunately these experts are available at academic hospitals with a paediatric department and also in private practice in most of the cities in South Africa. It may be advisable for your son to be seen at an early age and followed up by the endocrinologist as is thought to be necessary.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.