Posted by: Carmel | 2008/01/17



Hi Doc
Im sure I smelt the word wrong, but the doctor said my son has hyperspadia, his private is small and a bit bent, I took him to Albert Luthuli Hopsital and that place is a nightmare.My fear is that I dont want to go to just any doctor as there are lot fo them out there just for money, I want to go to somebody that will help my son. The doc said that he can have a operation, but his due for his next check up in march.He also has 2 white looking pimple on his penis, its not red or sore,his not circumcised as yet.Please help.Thank you carmel

Expert's Reply



Hypospadius means that the opening of his penis is not in the normal place but on the shaft of the penis. It is very common and can be corrected by a surgeon. If you are on a medical aid you can see a paediatric urologist in private practice, otherwise you will need to take your baby to be seen by a specialist in your nearest large teaching hospital.Don'y worry about the pimples on his penis these are quite normal.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: Carmel | 2008/01/18

Thanx Doc & Mom2 for the reply, wonderful to know that there are people out there that care & can help.
God Bless

Reply to Carmel
Posted by: Mom2 | 2008/01/18

Hi Carmel

If you do access to websites you find a lot of info about it. Our boy also is going for a operations and he also got hypospadia. He is a high risk case. Every case is differently treated.

We saw 3 different specialist. The first one was just out for money (R 30 000) and the other two not. So we went with the 3 one. The other thing is the baby must be strong enough for the op. They cannot be sick like even a cough or so.

If you read on the websites you will understand why it must be done. Best sites is overseas sites. Search on google.

The one we are using is a pead and a surgeon. So if i can recommend use one that can do both. I can recommend Dr Jee at Vincent Palotti in Cape Town.

Good Luck

Reply to Mom2

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.