Posted by: michelle | 2004/11/01



my 10yr old son has been diagnosed with a mild form of hypochondroplasia, we are taking him to a specialist for growth next week. can you tell me of any treatments for my child and what about growth hormone. we a bit scared of growth hormone. we not 100% satisfied with what growth council said. is there a specific test done to diagnose this growth problem. they never did any tests, just a blood test when he was 18 months old and that was normal.

Expert's Reply



The best would be to discuss all your concerns with the specialist who has all the relevant information. It often helps to write your questions down in advance of the visit.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: dr anonymous | 2004/11/04

There are some good websites you can search on Growth hormone & "Osteochndrodysplasias".

Search for "Hypochroplasia + treatment"

Reply to dr anonymous

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.