Childhood Diseases

Posted by: IVN | 2012/03/22


Homeopathy DR vs. Paediatric allergy DR

My 2yr old has a very bad chest (dry cough) for months now (she attends a creche)We been using bottles of Rinex, Allergex, Mucospect, Asthavent, Zyrtec. I nebulise her 2 x p/day but as soon as I stop she starts coughing again. She also struggles breathing through her nose as if her mucous membranes are swollen (sometimes she has a running nose but it as if her sinuses are congested) I don''t know what to do, shall I try a Homeopathic doctor or a Paediatric allergy specialist, can you recommend someone in Cape Town Northern suburbs please. I''m very tired and at my wits end. Pls help.

Expert's Reply



Your little girl probably has recurrent viral infections affecting both her nose and chest.Her being at a creche is unfortunately part of the problem. Of course it is important to exclude an allergic cause as well. It would be best to try to get an appointment for her to see Dr Jan Vermeulen at the MediClinic in Panorama.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.