Childhood Diseases

Posted by: nthabiseng | 2012/03/14


hole between the eyes

what is holoprosencephaly and what couses it. is it dangerous. becouse my son was born with the hole between the eyes and sometime the is water or white substance coming out of it. i am getting worried becouse i have being going in and out of hospitalt to find out what is this hole and can it be removed. can anyone with light help me or refer me to some one who might khow anything about this.

Expert's Reply



Holoprosencephaly is a defect in the development of the front part of the brain and the bones of the skull and face in some babies.Without being able to see your baby it is not possible for me to make a diagnosis of his problem. Your child should be seen by a paediatrician who is experienced with this type of problem.The diagnosis can only be made at an academic paediatric department where the necessary expert will be able to examine your baby.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.