Childhood Diseases

Posted by: nthabiseng | 2012/03/08


hole betweem the eyes

my son was born with a small hole between his eyes i have taken him to doctors but they dont seem to know what is it,the scaner shows that the hole is from the brain please help me

Expert's Reply



I am not certain, but this sounds like a condition called 'holoprosencephaly' It is important that your baby is seen by a paediatric neurologist. There are experts in all the main centres in SA.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: nthabiseng | 2012/03/13

what is holoprosencephaly and what couses it. is it dangerous. becouse my son was born with the hole between the eyes and sometime the is water or white substance coming out of it. i am getting worried becouse i have being going in and out of hospitalt to find out what is this hole and can it be removed. can anyone with light help me or refer me to some one who might khow anything about this.

Reply to nthabiseng

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.