Childhood Diseases

Posted by: Lee Anne | 2012/05/21



My seuntjie is met geboorte met Hipospadie gediagnoseer. Waar kan ek meer inligting hieroor kry? Baie dankie

Expert's Reply



Daar sal baie inligting wees op Google:"hypospadius"

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: Lee Anne | 2012/05/22

Baie dankie!

Reply to Lee Anne
Posted by: ljh | 2012/05/22

My son had to have 3 ops to repair his hypospadias (between the ages of 9 and 18 months) - it''s more traumatic for the parents than for the child to go through. My son is now 4 without any problems. If you are in CT area, pls go to Dr Larry Jee - he''s the best in town.

Reply to ljh
Posted by: CK | 2012/05/22

Lee Anne, so sorry to hear your son was born with this problem. Fortunately medical science has progressed to where this can be corrected with surgery when he is a few months old. He will be circumcised as they will need part of his foreskin to repair the damage. Once this is done, he will be just fine. Google the suggestion by the doctor. BTW its " Hypospadias" . Stanford University, Stanford, California has a very good website with good photographs and details on repairing this problem.

When repaired he will be able to pee straight just like his dad. Good luck!

Reply to CK

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.