Childhood Diseases

Posted by: Tazz | 2008/09/10



Hi There .

My son has very bad eczeme ,you sad I must go to a Paediatrician because I tried everything.{They ask a lot of money }Do you know ,where I can get one that does not ask too much money .Or is there someone ,that is free......... .I stay in Maitland Cape Town .
Can you please help me.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expert's Reply



You should take your son to the Red Cross Children's Hospital. He can be seen in either the Dermatology Clinic or the Allergy Clinic.It may be best to phone the hospital for an appointment first 021 6585111.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: Jenn | 2008/09/10

If he is not sick (only have a rash) why not try an ointment that you can get from your pharmacy. My son (7 months) gets eczema in his face and on his chest very quickly and I went to the peadiatrician and he gave me a very very expensive cream to put on his skin. I works in only a few hours. My friend then told me that the pharmacy make up their own brand of cream for eczeme. Firts hear what the Cyber Paediatrician has to say, but I learned that sometimes something can be treated firts before going to a doctor. But first just hear some more profesional advice.

Reply to Jenn

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.