Posted by: memyselfandi | 2009/01/22


Eating disorder

My nephew is 12yrs old and does not eat, he eats dry pronutro, fizzy drinks and veggie bytes. At the age of 2yrs old he just went off food. he makes food for everyone else, but just can' t get the food to his mouth. Please advise if there is anyway of stimulating the brain to get him to eat without force feeding him. His growth is stunt for his age.

Expert's Reply



This is most unusual behaviour especially for a boy. It is of concern that he is underweight and his growth is stunted yet he has no appetite for food.He does like some sugar rich drinks but Pronutro and veggie bites are not junk foods.It would be best if he was seen by a paediatrician first just to sure that he is a healthy boy as there are certain conditions where children have very poor appetites. Only once you know that he is well can you try an appetite stimulant such as Longifene syrup.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.