Childhood Diseases

Posted by: Zee01 | 2010/01/12


Ear wax

Sorry to post it here, but you are one of the few experts that do respond....

My husband has got an issue with his ear wax.
Apparently his ears are a bit deformed in that the wax does not drain itself.

So, every so often his ears block up completely, which influences his hearing.
And being male, it is difficult to get him to the doctor for them to clean it for him.

My question is, are there anything that will help him with this problem.
At the moment we are using ceremol drops, but he only asks me to help him with it if the problem gets worse,
He does not use it often.

Any advice will be appreciated!

Thank you so so much!

Expert's Reply



I will try to help with your question.Excessive ear wax is a common problem especially in men. As you say his hearing is then affected. Using Cerumel will help to soften the wax but this needs to be used regularly and your husband will need to try to gently remove the soft wax from his ears using an ear bud.He must be careful not to push the wax further into his ears.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.