Posted by: mama | 2006/07/13


Ear, Nose and Throat specialist

In a space of 6 months my son has taken 4 antibiotics for his ears, twice the infection came with bronchitis., now he doesn't have any flu , but scraches his ears only when he eats and i have been giving him ear drops once a day, the ear drops are called conv something, i forgot to take name down. I'm thinking now i must actually take him to an ENT specialist, will this be the right move? Is there anyENT specialist that deals with babies specifically, he is 21 months old.Is there any you can recommend ? i live in the Midrand area, Thank you.

Expert's Reply



There are excellent ENT surgeons in Pretoria and in Joburg.They are all used to seeing young children.Ask your paediatrician to recommend the best specialist in your area.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: mira | 2006/07/17

Try Dr Stolp at unitas hospital in Centurion, a very serious and soft spoken ENT but excellent. He did my daughter's grommets, within 15 min she was out of theatre and awake, he gave constant feedback as to what he was doing and what the outcome would be. A year and a bit later she is just as he said she would be "earache free" and very healthy. The difference after those little grommets are inserted (if done properly) is amazing. Dont waste time the longer you leave it the more damage can occur to your child's ears.

Reply to mira

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.