Childhood Diseases

Posted by: Carmen | 2012/04/17


Developmental Pediatrician

Could you give me the name and contact number of a developmental pediatrician in Johannesburg

Expert's Reply



You can try Harriet Liesegang and associates at 011 4472202

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: Celina | 2012/05/10

Please can you tell what the difference btwn the 2? And which one should i takemy child to for an indepth assessment?

Reply to Celina
Posted by: Dina | 2012/05/10


I have a 3yr 4month old little girl, who at this stage cannot speak sentences but she can sing many of her nursery rhymns clearly. She will repeat things said to her but does not always follow verbal instruction.

Up until this January she kept to herself when around her peers and has little to zero ability to focus on 1 activity at a time. she avoids group activity at school and at home she throughs tantrums alot for no apparent reason. She also started the habit of taking off her clothes abt a month ago and wont stop. She is not potty trained even though she knows the word potty and has used it a couple of times with assistance.

I am really worried that something might be wrong and need ur expert opinion on what should i do. Should i worry or will she grow out of it?

Reply to Dina

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.