Posted by: CONNIE | 2008/01/10



Hi Dr,I have the same problem with my 18month old girl.She suffers alot.She went for x-rays but there was nothing wrong.I had several opinions but from Paeditricians but nothing helps.I have followd even a diet paln from prescribed by a deitician but it also doesn't helped.I tried the Prune juice and purity it 'd not helping either.I dn't know what to give her anymore i tried giving her Novalac IT For constipation but that also don't help.She eats well but she really suffer.We moved from Pretoria to Alberton.I haven't found paeditricians yet where i can take her.If possible,please refer me to someone who can assit my lil girl.

Thanks for your assistance.


Expert's Reply



You need to take her to see a specialist paediatric gastroenterologist as a definite diagnosis is essential here. Please ask your paediatrican to refer you to a specialist. I know that there is an excellent paediatric gastroenterologist at the Pretoria Academic Hospital;Prof D Wittenberg.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: Connie | 2008/01/11

Hi Doc,thank you very much for your respond.I'm staying in Alberton do you know of anyone around here maybe at the Union Hospital or Clinton Hospital.Do you know wether this is serious.

Your assistance is highly appreciate.

Reply to Connie

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.