Childhood Diseases

Posted by: Vincent | 2010/09/10



My baby is 3weeks today and I would like to have him circumcised . Please advice re referals.

Expert's Reply



Circumcison is usually only done for definite medical or religious reasons. You can speak to your paediatrician who will refer your to an expert, usually a peadiatric urologist.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: lee | 2010/09/11

Go to a urologist. Our son had to have it doen and we have not had one day''s trouble ever since!! Never mind the anti-circ brigade - this is what you feel is right (and it is much more hygienic)....
Don''t know if they''ll do it so young, perhaps at 6mnths?

Speak to the urologist..

Reply to lee
Posted by: Neiras | 2010/09/10

So by the way... Does a uroligist do it or a paedi?

Reply to Neiras
Posted by: Leo | 2010/09/10

The anti-circ brigade are going to blast you - just wait

Reply to Leo

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.