Childhood Diseases

Posted by: Rucell | 2011/07/31


Bladder Reflux

Hi Doc,

I have looked for a Uroligist on the list but could not find one. My daughter has Bladder Reflux the worst kind. Her Uroligist inserted artificial kleps when she was just over 2 years and she had the odd bladder infections but with no fewer.

She had very high fewer since friday and our GP tested and she has very bad bladder and kidney infection and refered us back to the Uroligist.

Her last procedure were done from under so no cutting. What do you think is the best the same procudure or should we let them do the proper operation?

Expert's Reply



It is very likely that your little daughter will need to have the operation to correct her bladder reflux.Her severe infection is the result of her reflux and it is important that this infection does not become a chronic problem and cause any damage to her kidneys and urinary system.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.