Childhood Diseases

Posted by: Jeanette | 2008/08/21


baby foreskin incomplete at birth

When my baby was born (9 months ago)the paed said his foreskin did not go all the way around and he would need an operation to correct it. What is the medical term for this condition and when should he ideally have this op?
He has no problems associated with this" incomplete"  foreskin and has never had to see a urologist.

Expert's Reply



The term used for this is incomplete foreskin.Usually there is no concern about this except that there is a higher incidence of male infants with this kind of foreskin who also have a condition called hypospadius where the opening of the urethra,usually at the tip of the penis,opens lower down on the shaft of the penis. Your baby does not seem to have this problem, but just to be sure it would be best if he was checked by a paediatric urologist.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.