Childhood Diseases

Posted by: Racoon | 2010/02/09


Baby ate Toilet Duck gel!!

Dear Paed

This morning my 1 year old found the toilet open, and hence the Toilet Duck gel disc which was dispensed under the rim. Needless to say, he got his hand into it and tasted it. I phoned the poison line who said it shouldn' t be too much of a problem, but that it could cause irritation of his mouth and esophagus. I am still a bit worried about what it can do to his intestines? He most likely got about a teaspoonful in his mouth.
Please help!

Expert's Reply



I am unable to find out the ingredients of the Toilet Duck gel disc. I am concerned about the fact that your baby managed to eat some of this gel which may be both toxic and corrosive. He may develop considerable irritation to his mouth but of greater concern is possible damage to his oesophagus. Please take him to an emergency paediatric unit so that he can be properly examined.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.