Childhood Diseases

Posted by: Protea | 2007/04/17



How would I know if my son 5 yrs have ADHD? His teacher says he can't stay busy for long then he needs to do something els. I want to know do I take hime to a pedeatritian or a GP. The peads in Pmb are few and hardly ever available.Can you give me a name of someone in Pmb or Dbn please. My son has a heart condition and has had 6 ops to date, can it have an ADHD effect on him? I'd like to hear from you.Many thanks

Expert's Reply



You are going about this the right way,it is always best to make a proper diagnosis first. You should see a paediatric neurologist and I can recommend Dr A Crutchley in Durban.
I do not tink that your son's many operations would cause him to develop ADHD.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: C | 2007/04/17

If you suspect your son has ADHD, you should speak to the teacher and ask her if the school has a psychologist they work closely with. Once you have consulted an educational psychologist will he be able to tell you if you child is ADHD and he will refer you to a doctor

Reply to C

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.