Childhood Diseases

Question
Posted by: | 2018/03/21

Q.

Accidental medication ingested

3 month old 6.3kg accidentally ingested 1ml of paediatric oral Keppra what can the affects be long term and is there worry for poisoning

Expert's Reply

A.

Paediatrician
- 2018/03/22

Keppra is a medicine used to treat seizures in infants. The liquid form can be given to babies from one month. The amount that your baby has taken is reasonably small, but side effects such as drowsiness can occur. The medicine should be worked out of your baby's system after 24 hours If your baby is drowsy or seems to be weak or does not move his/her arms or legs normally, please take your baby to your nearest emergency paediatric unit

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.