Childhood Diseases

Posted by: Helena | 2018/01/17


9yr old boy

Goodday Prof my boy turned 9yr on 4 January in gr3 he is very allergic to peanuts but for 9 years its under control with no need to go to ER. My boy get regular headaches since aged 4, when he was in pre school in gr R headaches get worse in gr 1 headaches started getting bad with some vomit in cases. Yesterday something happened he was sleeping on the couch not lying totally flat but on cushion, then started vomiting in his sleep like lots I was trying to wake him but with no response hy opened his eyes eventually but just stared not answering me Ive put a cold cloth on him and he started responding was just very confused, he started crying and said his head is very sore, we immediately took him to our dr he checked all is vitals and every thing was fine just the severe headache, he did vomit again in dr room and the dr injected him with something. After an hour he was his old self playing around, he did not have a fever and is actually a very healthy boy. We have an appointment with pediatrician tomorrow?? Will he be able to request an eeg or only an neurologist. Last year also he felt a sleep on the same couch in the evening and before we took hjm to bed he suddenly also sit upright with his eyes wide open but also did not respond his eyes then was both turning to the right sight he did not respond for 4 to 5 minutes, we took him to ER and they checked his vitals all was fine. I am now really very worried because of yesterdays episode Im just glad he did not aspirate will the pediatrician be able to help us directly or will a pediatric neurolologist only be able to school started today thank you

Expert's Reply


- 2018/01/22

This is a good question and well set out. The very important question here is what is causing your son's symptoms. In effect, is this due to migraine headache or due to epilepsy? He should be seen by a paediatric neurologist ASAP.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.