Childhood Diseases

Posted by: Worried Mom | 2008/05/26


5 year old wetting bed/self

Hi dr

I need some help pls. My son is 5, will be 6 in July
He started in his new school in Jan, and was so excited, but this ended soon when he started complaining of headache, tummy ache, not making friends, wetting his bed and having nightmares. We discovered in feb that he was being bullied after he came home with a blue eye, bloody and bruised nose and bloody clothes in one day.

I took out of the aftercare were this had happened and the bully has also left the school since. The school was very supportive and helpfull.

The bedwetting stopped almost straight away.

In april he started soiling his pants 2-4 times a day. I was so worried. However this stopped after about a month and no dr could give me an explanation.

No lately he is wetting himself - not his bed. This weekend, he wet his cousins carpet UNDERhis study table. Luckely no one made a big deal of it, but I am so upset.

Our home life ispeacefull and we have a good routine. I try not to get upset if he has an accident.

However, his dad and I are not married ( have never been) but he sees him every 2nd weekend. I have gotten married and have a daugheter of 15 months aswell, My son loves my husband and his little sister. His dad had a girlfriend who has a daugter of the same age as my son, but this girl is a bit rough and my son doesnt like her, but wants to see his dad, so he puts up with her.

My son is a bit of a softy, prefers drawing to climbing trees etc.

Please help, I need to know if his wetting and soiling problem is medical or phsycological? He has been for bladder infection test, but there is nothing wrong. When I talk to him, I also cannot find anything wrong.

Please help

And thank you for reading my long message

Worried Mom

Expert's Reply



Your son's problems have a strong psychological input and it would be best to have him seen by a child psychologist.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.