Childhood Diseases

Posted by: Rentia | 2008/11/17


2 degree skin burns on 3 year old

My daughter got burned with hot water in her genital area some areas are second degree burns. We had her at the doctor but we are living in Saudi Arabia so communication with doctors are a bit difficult. I would just like to now if there are anything else we can do to speed up the recovery. Is there any foods that I should have her eat to help the skin repair? Or any other help you can give will be appreciated.
Thank you

Expert's Reply



I am not at all happy with this story.There is nothing in the way of special foods or dietary supplements that will assist with the healing of burns.What is really needed is for your little girl to be seen by a competent burns specialist.Is there perhaps an American Hospital or good children's hospital near you? Otherwise I suggest that you take her to a neighbouring state where there are good health facilities for treatment.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.