If you've been overdoing things, your body has a way of telling you. If you recognise any of the following symptoms, you may be suffering from the effects of stress, or overfilling your programme:
- disturbed sleep
- feelings of anxiety
- irrational and inappropriate bursts of anger and aggression
- concentration problems
- increased or decreased appetite
In severe situations you could experience overwhelming stress to the point of so-called burn-out with extreme fatigue and loss of interest in normal activities.
Since research has shown that high levels of stress have a negative impact on our immune systems, and hence on our general state of health, it is not unusual for the stressed-out among us to suffer constantly from colds, or other infections or illnesses.
But stress is very much part of the modern lifestyle – traffic, interest rates, school activities and meetings, meetings, meetings. Take some time to learn a few stress management techniques such as:
- change your diet a little
- talk to our yoga expert to find a few stretches and moves that will help rid you of that feeling of tightness
- take some time to follow the steps of a stress management programme
- write in to FitnessDoc, CyberShrink
or CyberDoc for any additional de-stressing advice