If you think it’s too late to correct your crooked teeth or malaligned jaw, you’re wrong. Adult orthodontics is fast becoming one of the biggest growth areas in dentistry. Opting for brackets will not only straighten your teeth and enhance your appearance and self-image, but may also have a positive impact on your health.
- Straightening your teeth will give you a healthy smile because properly positioned teeth are much easier to maintain and clean than those that are crowded or crooked.
- People with straight teeth are also less prone to tooth decay, gum disease and tooth loss.
- Correction of your bite will improve chewing and possibly speech too.
- It also plays an important role in reducing wear on your teeth and stress on the supporting bone and jaw joints. That means your teeth will have a better chance of lasting a lifetime.
- The malalignment of the jaw joints can result in chronic headaches or pains in the face or neck. Proper orthodontic care can help you avoid these problems.
Orthodontic treatment for adults may range from simple therapy to align teeth to complex therapy to correct malaligned jaws and teeth. Some of the techniques in orthodontics include:
- Space-age low force wires that retain their original shape allowing teeth to move faster
- Clear tooth coloured brackets, gold brackets, and mini-brackets
- Braces bonded (glued) to teeth with adhesives containing cavity-fighting fluoride
- Computer digital imaging to highlight the areas of your smile that can be improved with treatment
- ‘Lingual’ (on the tongue side of the teeth) braces, which hardly show at all.
For further information, contact SADA on 086 011 0725 or visit www.sadanet.co.za