Let’s take a look at the top 10 stories that helped readers figure out things like nocturia, or how to use an incontinence nappy.
Here are the top incontinence stories on Health24 this year:
1. 8 incontinence myths busted
Don't use a sanitary pad for incontinence and having a baby is not guaranteed to cause bladder leaks. Here are eight myths about incontinence busted.
2. How pelvic floor exercises can benefit men
Men may snicker at the thought of Kegels – the benefits, however, are nothing to scoff at.
3. See: How an incontinence nappy works
Have you ever wondered exactly how an incontinence product works? Turns out it's fairly simple and quite ingenious.
4. Yoga may be the right move against urinary incontinence
"Downward dog" your way to a healthy bladder.
5. 7 things never to say to an incontinence sufferer
People who suffer from incontinence may feel uncomfortable talking about their condition. It is important to be considerate about their condition when talking to them.
6. How safe is vaginal mesh surgery for incontinence
Given the high rate of women coming forward with life-threatening complications, vaginal mesh surgery might not the best option for stress incontinence.
7. Four tips on dealing with nocturia
Living with incontinence can have detrimental effects on your quality of life, especially when it affects your sleep.
8. 'I wet my bed after a few drinks' – alcohol and urinary incontinence
How strong is the link between alcohol and urinary incontinence? Can alcohol cause adult bed-wetting? Here's what you need to know.
9. Female athletes are at risk for this condition
High impact sports could put women at risk of developing urinary incontinence.
10. 5 tips on travelling with urinary incontinence
Urinary incontinence shouldn't put a damper on any travel plans. Here are tips to manage the condition if you are going away these holidays.
Image credit: iStock