Medication is an essential part of the heart patient’s life, but can be dangerous as well.
- Always inform a new doctor, dentist or pharmacist about your condition and present medication.
- Other medication should only be added to your current treatment programme after consulting your doctor or cardiologist.
- In most cases, medication is prescribed for life-long use. Do not interrupt or stop the use of medicine without consulting your doctor.
- Medication should usually be taken with a glass of water after mealtime. Check the prescription before use.
- Regular intake of medication is necessary. Don't skip medication. Use it at the same time every day.
- Read the pamphlet accompanying the medication to check for possible side effects. Consult your doctor if you experience any of these.
- Do not increase or decrease your dosage without consulting your doctor.
- Ensure that medication is replenished regularly.
- Don’t go on a holiday trip without stocking up on your medication. Pharmacies are not always at hand and it is difficult to get a prescription drug without the prescription.