Those irritating sounds always get the best of you, which often fuels your frustrations. Our users named some unpleasant sounds which annoys them after a great response to ‘The 10 most horrible sounds’.
Annemarie Robbertse - These sounds makes me mad immediately, irritates me, breaks my concentrations and ruins my day!
My top 10 list will be:
- A baby / child screaming
- Cars hooting
- Cats fighting
- Dogs barking without stopping
- People talking on top of their voices
- Loud music, especially women singing in a screaming voice
- Motor cycles – scramblers, Harley Davidsons, etc
- Crickets at night that have this screeching sound
- Someone clearing their throat over and over again
Diane Newton - People eating with their mouths open, ‘smacking’ their lips. People eating while speaking to you over the telephone.
Cuan Rudman - Nothing worse than someone biting on a metal spoon and grinding it while pulling it out of their mouths.
Larisa Liebenberg - Barking dogs drive me crazy, especially yappers.
Jolize Damant - I can stand it when people snif when they have flu. I get CRAZY!
This is my list.
- SMS alerts for debit orders
- The subscriber you have dialed is not available
- Dragging a spade on cement
- My neighbours lawnmower before eight on a Sunday
- Anything my wife says in an irritated tone of voice
- Cats fighting
- The roar of a lion outside my camping tent
- Any switchboard (hold your ass off while we eat lunch) music
- Dentist drill
- The sound a poorly struck iron makes on a golfball
What noise do you find most unpleasant? E-mail is at email@example.com
(Health24, October 2012)