advertisement

Hearing management

Question
Posted by: tersia | 2004/10/21

Q.

Virus in ear

Hi. I have been diagnosed with a virus in my right ear (don't know the name of it) and lost my hearing in my ear. According to an Ear Specialist, they can not give me any treatment as I am 11 weeks pregnant. I would like to know it this virus could effect my pregnancy and it this permanent? Is there really no other way that I could get help or treatment??

Expert's Reply

A.

Hearing Expert

Dear Tersia

There is a lot of different viruses with different symptoms and different treatments. I don't what your specific virus and symptoms are and how it can affect your healty or your baby. I would recommend that you contact your ENT and ask him these specific questions about the virus. If you are not happy wiht his/her response then you are always entitled to a second opinion.

Please write again if you have any further questions or need any further information.

Regards
Izabelle Pieterse

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

2
user comments

C.

Posted by: Hearing Care | 2004/11/01

Dear Tersia
My knowlegde of Cortisone and it's possible effect on your baby is limited. I would recommend that you write to one of the other Health 24 Experts and get their input on your situation. You could write to the GynaeDoc, CyberDoc or the Pharmacist or to all three of them and get more opinions before you make a decision.

Good luck and let me know what you decide to do
Regards
Izabelle

Reply to Hearing Care
Posted by: Tersia | 2004/10/28

Dear Izabelle,

Thank you for your replied. Well I spoke with two ENT specialists, which according to the first one said he can not give me any treatment, for the baby might be at risk. The second ENT said that I can get the treatment just in smaller doses (cortisone). So what do I do here? It's a 50/50 situation. Do you know more about cortisone??

Reply to Tersia

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.