Hearing management

Posted by: Dowe Kat | 2009/03/03



Hello, I see that there is a post where someone says they have complete hearing loss in one ear. They don' t have a professional answer yet - I was hoping someone could assist.

I have the same problem in my right ear. It feels as if there is a fluid build up behind the eardrum. If I rub the back of my ear, I don' t hear anything, where with the other ear you hear a scratching/rubbing sound. It' s not painful at the moment, but it also feels that it can pop any second - and that might be painfull. I can' t hear anything. I was swimming about two weeks ago - can it be a symptom of swimmers ear?

Please advise... I don' t have medical, can' t afford to go to a doctor.

Expert's Reply


Hearing Expert

Hallo Dowe Kat

It is important that you see an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist or at least your GP. If you can't afford private medical service then you will need to go to the public hospital and see a doctor there. After all the medical problems are cleared up, it will be advisable to also see an Audiologist.

Please let me know if you need any further information

Kind regards
Izabelle Pieterse

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.