I am very happy to hear that you find the benefit of the hearing aid for the tinnitus in your left ear. In my personal opinion, hearing aids have always been one of the most effective ways of dealing with tinnitus. A few recommendations that i can give you is:
- where the hearing aid as often as possible
- consider a hearing aid for the right ear
- almost make sure that you are in a sound environment for example; put soft music on in te background, or use a fan. Sound in your environment masks the sounds that you are hearing in your ear
- a healthy lifestyle and enough rest always helps
- there are a lot of things that can make tinnitus worse. I will list a few, try to avoid these: caffeine, smoking, stress, alcohol, certain vitamin deficiencies, certain medication etc.
There are also some medication and treatments that are believed to help for tinnitus. The first step is to find out what is causing the tinnitus. Consult a Hearing care professional [GP, Audiologist or ENT specialist] they will be able to look at your individual case and make suggetions.
Please feel free to write again if you require any further information. You are also welcome to e-mail me at email@example.com if yuo require any referrals in your area.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.