Hearing management

Posted by: Paula | 2008/01/11


Thickening of the inner ear

My mother, 65, loses her balance quite a bit - and I'm worried about her falling and breaking something, or falling and not being able to get up. She was recently diagnosed as having a thickening of the inner ear, and was told it would eventually lead to deafness and that there was nothing she could do about it. Which seems like really bad doctoring to me. I would like to take her to an expert in Johannesburg. Who would you recommend?

Expert's Reply


Hearing Expert

Dear Paula

I will gladly refer you to both an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist as well as an Audiologist but i can not give out contact detail on the Internet. Please write to me at and i will give you the necessary contact detail. Could you also give an area in Johannesburg.

Kind regards
Izabelle Pieterse

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.