Hearing management

Posted by: Arsenal | 2008/05/30


ringing in ears tinitus

i had a head injury 15 yrs ago, evr since i've had ringing in my right ear,high pitch sound(as if someone hit u with a flat hand over ear) its driving me crazy,,,,pls advise if there is any thing that will reduce the noise volume pls help

Expert's Reply


Hearing Expert

Dear Arsenal

There are several possibilities availble in the treatment of Tinnitus. I would advise that you start with a full hearing evaluation by an audiologist and then discuss your options. If you don't know of an Audiologist in your area, please let me know and i will gladly refer you (

Please let me know if you need any further information

kind regards
Izabelle Pieterse

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: Shelly | 2008/07/07


I experince a irritating sound in my right ear, i can actually hear my heartbeat in this ear. like a watereffect ( like when u have water in your ear, together with the beating sound)

I went to the ear specialist, and he couldnt find anything wrong? said i should test my thyroid, which was also normal.
Is ther any other advice u can give me, or can this also be associated with tinnutis??

Reply to Shelly

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.