This statement is correct. A test battery is usually what constitutes a set of test done during a singel consultation to determine he hearing status. The normal test in this battery for which the customer is billed is:
1. Consultation during which a full case history is taken
2. Otoscopic evaluation of the outer ear
3. Pure tone air conduction testing (L&R)
4. Pure tone bone conduction testing (L&R)
5. Seech audiometry including Speech reception thresholds and Speech discrimination testing
Further tests can be added to this battery if needed:
6. Tympanometry and reflex testing to thest the status of the middle ears
7. Otoacoustic Emmission testing to assess the outer haircells of the cochlea
Part of the extended tst battery for specific assessments ( usually done at a later stage or requested by a specialist):
8. Electrophysiological testing (objective tests done using electrodes to measure brain stem activitiy in response to sound) ABR, ASSR and Tone Bursts
9. ENG/VNG test to establish the reason for dizzyness and/or virtigo.
Hope this answers your question.
Please feel free to contact me should you require any further information.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.