Hearing management

Posted by: Pamela Mzizi | 2008/07/07


My grandchild

I have a grandchild who is 14yrs., and recently at school they discovered that she has a hearing problem. we were sent to the clinic when they discoverd that the problem is bigger than them .She was refered to Bara for furthe tests.
The short of everything is that she was told that she will need a hearing aid. I would love a second opinion can i please have your adress in Joburg so that we can consult you

Pamela Mzizi ( grandmother)

Expert's Reply


Hearing Expert

Dear Pamela

If you are uncertain about the results, it is always a good idea to seek a second opinion. You will need to see an Audiologist. I will gladly give you contact details for someone in your area. Please e-mail me at for the referral. Unfortunately i will not be able to see you personally, as i am not seeing private patients at the moment but working as a consultant.

Awaiting your mail
Kind regards
Izabelle Pieterse

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: Beverley | 2008/08/12

I' m not sure which area Pamela is from but there is a good audioligist at the Westgate shopping centre in Roodepoort. I also know a good one in the Linksfield Hospital. I can forward contact details if Pamela needs them. My 4 yr old son has been wearing hearing aids from 18 months old.
Good luck with your granddraughter and remeber there is always hope and help out there for her.

Best Regards

Reply to Beverley

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.