Hearing management

Posted by: choc | 2004/01/14




I've heard there's a hearing aid that looks like a stud ear ring. Where can I get this?

Expert's Reply


Hearing Expert

Hi Choc,

I have never heard of or seen such a hearing aid. The smallest hearing aid available goes completely in the canal of your ear. This makes the hearing aid not visible to people looking at you from the front, but it can be noticed if someone would be looking right in the canal of your ear.

Chantél Booysen - Audiologist

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: Libby | 2004/02/01

Beste Choc

Jammer oor die die Afrikaans maar my Engels is sleg.

Asseblief tog moenie dieselfde fout as my man maak. Hy het vir die kleinste aparaat gesoek and dit het glad nie aan sy behoeftes voldoen. So 'n kelintjie het ons in Pretoria gekry by 'n apteek. Soos ons vesrtaan nou die kleintijies werk beste vir ligte gehoor verlies - my man het een binne die oor gekry wat as Senso Heet. Dit is groter as 'n oorkrabbetjie - maar hy maak groot verskil. Ons het hom gekry by a therapeut in Linksfield in Johanesburg. Probeer daar hulle is baie goed en wetenskaplik omdat hulle a paar op jou uit toets.

beste geluk

Reply to Libby
Posted by: Chantél Booyse - Audiologist | 2004/01/22

Hi Herold,

Tinnitus is a very common condition a lot of people suffer with. the tinnitus can be there because of a pathology in the ear, a hearing loss present, diet, stress and sometimes it is just there.

the first step to take is to cobnsult your ENT specialist. this specialist can do a medical examination to determine if there is a medical reason for the tinnitus. Ask your specialist about medication available. Secondly you have to consult with an audiologist/ hearing care professional to do a hearing test to determine if there is a loss of hearing. Ask your audiologist re amplification or maskers.

you need to evaluate your lifestyle and look at stress levels and your diet. caffien and salt and asprin will agrivate the tinnitus.

if you need names and numbers for doctors and audiologists in your area please contact me again.



Reply to Chantél Booyse - Audiologist
Posted by: harold stone | 2004/01/20

ringing/buzzing in ears please help harold stone

Reply to harold stone

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.